How to Choose the Right Playset
Deciding on which PlaySet is the Right one for you and your family can be somewhat of a daunting task. Here are some helpful hints that will assist you when choosing which one is best for your family. You may also find it helpful to use our selection configurator to help with your decision.
- Determine any Backyard Space Limitations. Your play set should be placed on a flat level area with a minimum 6-foot safety zone around the entire structure. Measure any potential spot you may have in mind and have this handy during the shopping process. PlayStar makes this information readily available for each of its kits.
- Consider Your Budget. Remember this is an investment in your child’s future that should last well over 10 years. Perhaps it will need to even span the "growing" years of multiple children. We have a wide variety of PlaySets that range in price from $400 to over $2,000 all made from the high quality products you come to expect with a brand like PlayStar.
- Establish the Number of Children that will utilize the playset at any given time. This should include your immediate family as well as neighbors, friends and relatives. Use the Square Footage of Play Deck Space as a guideline because often times the majority of these children will congregate here.
- Decide on the types of activities that your children will enjoy and provide a challenge. Choose age appropriate activities to prevent boredom and frustration. And, Don’t Forget, to consider those that they will grow into like monkey rings and rock walls. Using the Total Number of Activities available as a comparison tool should help you work through this process.
- Ascertain the Skill level of person responsible for the installation of the playset. You will want to make sure the process of placing a playset in your backyard is one that is enjoyed by all!!! We are the only manufacturer of play equipment to offer swing set kits with a Method that best fits your lifestyle. Build It Yourself, Ready to Assemble and Factory Built.
Our Build It Yourself kits are the easiest and fastest to build. You Save over ½ the cost of a Professional quality playset by choosing Builder’s Grade Lumber and following our illustrated plans to size the boards yourself with simple, no angle cuts.
Our Ready-to-Assemble playsets are the Quickest and Most convenient to assemble. All boards are sanded on each of the four sides, precision cut and clearly marked to minimize confusion.
Our Factory Built playsets are Simple to Set Up. The pre-assembled and stained tower, Swing Beam and Monkey Bars sections along with your choice of slides and climbers ship on a standard size pallet. Direct from our Factory to your backyard, you can set up this playset in just a few hours.
Need more help in how to "BRING HOME THE FUN" and CHOOSE the PlayStar Play set that is right for you? Click on SELECTION CONFIGURATOR found on this page or call our highly trained customer service department at 1 888 PLAYSTAR and immediately speak with a live voice.